Ladies Auxiliary of Shirley B Carter Post 4298
The Ladies Auxiliary of Shirley B Carter Post 4298, Dexter held its meeting on May 10th with President Coretta Brown presiding. The
Installation of Officers for 2007/2008 was held with Past State President Holly Witt officiating. Pamela Jerome was installed as Guard, otherwise the officers remained the same.
The next meeting is June 14th at 7 pm, all members and prospective members are invited.
The VFW Buddy Poppy sale will be Friday. May 25th, in the Dexter area. Please support this program.
Following the Dexter Memorial Day Parade on Monday, May 28th, the annual barbecue will be held at the VFW Hall on Cedar Street for all parade participants.
Dexter VFW & Ladies Auxiliary Annual Report
Once again the members of the VFW and Ladies Auxiliary would like to let the residents of Dexter know some of the projects we have been involved in this past year.
- We support the National Home for Children Operation Uplift, to provide personnel overseas and in hospital an opportunity to call their loved ones free of charge.
- We also support the Beal's House at Togus as well as the V.A.V.S. at Togus, and the Maine Veteran's Memorial Cemetery and Chapel in Augusta.
- The VFW and American Legion made a combined donation for a display room in the Dexter Historical Society, and we were pleased to help the Wellington Fire Department purchase a Thermo Imaging Camera.
- The organization also supported the Eastern Agency on Ageing.
- The Ladies Auxiliary again delivered food baskets to the needy at Thanksgiving and at Christmas.
- Thanks to our bingo players we were also able to make donations for scholarships to students at Dexter Regional High School and the Tri-County Technical Center.
- We were also able to make donations to the Piscataquis Regional YMCA, the Children's Museum in Bangor, the American Red Cross, the Salvation, Dexter Public Health, Dexter Food Cupboard, Dexter Toys for Tots, American Cancer Society, Boy Scouts of America, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, and Brownies.
Post #4298 Adjutant
New members who are veterans of any war or conflict are welcome to join. We hold our regular meetings the second Thursday of each month at 7:00PM. Come and see us!