Dexter Public Health Association, Inc.
President: Debbie Hartley
Vice-President: Fran Seamans
Secretary: Jan Rines/Judy Russell
Treasurer: Carla Witham
Nurses: Denise Eaton, RN & Linda McLaughlin, LPN
The past few years have seen many changes and challenges in our economy. Cost of living continues to rise, as well as medical costs and care. However, because of the generosity of the towns of Dexter, Garland and Ripley, the Plummer Foundation and through gifts from you, the citizens of these towns, we have been able to continue to offer in home nursing care to anyone who is in need in our area, completely free of charge. Our services have not changed from those listed in previous years. They include but are not limited to the following:
- Nurses available for home visits Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Visits to any area Dexter, Garland, and Ripley home.
- Blood pressure clinics every Wednesday in the Town Council Chambers 8 – 10 AM
- Monthly B/P clinics at each of the four senior citizen housing complexes.
- Assistance with dressing changes, diabetic teaching, Blood Pressure, Lung Assessments, and many other areas of personal care as well as physician-ordered care.
Any donation you can make at this time will be very much appreciated! Thank you for your continued support.
About Dexter Public Health Association, Inc.
The Dexter Public Health Association was organized about 1930. It is a non-profit organization operated by a volunteer Board of Directors and supported by the contribution of Town funds, local charities, private gifts, and bequests. It serves the needs of Dexter, Garland, and Ripley residents.
Office Hours: The nurses are in the office every Wednesday from 8:00AM to 10:00AM. You may make calls to the nurse’s office when the nurse is not in, and an answering machine will record your messages.
Home Care Services:
- Assistance with dressings
- Blood pressure readings
- Instructions for self-care and home administered medications
- Assistance with referrals to other agencies
- Assistance to individuals and family to establish a healthy lifestyle.
- Well Care check ups for the elderly.
Blood Pressure Clinics: Every Wednesday 8:00AM-10:00AM at the Town Council Chambers and monthly on Wednesday at the four elderly housing sites in Dexter
Medical Equipment: A limited supply of equipment is available for loan at no charge. Included are walkers, wheelchairs, commodes, crutches, etc. Donations of equipment to increase our loan inventory would be greatly appreciated. We also accept used eye-glasses.
Brenda Clarke, R.N. & Linda McLaughlin, L.P.N.