Summer herb talks
Thursday, June 16, 2005 |
PENQUIS - Local herbalist, Linda Tisdale, will be giving a series of talks on using medicinal herbs on Tuesday evenings this summer at the Buie School of Music in Dover-Foxcroft.
Linda has studied medicinal herbs for many years, working with several nationally known herbalists and is very excited to be sharing her knowledge and enthusiasm about herbs. She has lived in Dexter for over 20 years and founded Alchemilla Herbal Apothecary in 1995.
Dates and Talks are as follows:
- June 28 Using Herbs Safely – Less is More: A brief look at 10 very safe and useful herbs.
- July 12 A Natural Medicine Chest: Herbal and Homeopathic remedies for cuts, burns, sprains and breaks, insect bites and stings, rash, food poisoning, and others.
- July 19 Herbs for Children: Safe and effective remedies for common childhood illnesses. Proper dosage and use. When to seek medical help.
- July 26 Herbal Alternatives to Antibiotics: A look at herbs which are effective in fighting a variety of infections including bacterial, viral, and fungal.
- August 9 The Link Between Stress and Illness: Herbs and Foods which support staying well. Tonic herbs for immune, adrenal, and nervous systems.
- August 16 Plants as Teachers – Plant Allies: Learn ways to open your heart and connect more deeply with the plant world. The plants are waiting to share their wisdom with us.
Each talk begins at 6:30. Bring your questions. $10 donation per family. For more information, contact Linda at 924-5172 or firstname.lastname@example.org.