Make Sure Your Deer Hunt Is A Safe Hunt
Wednesday, October 01, 2008|
The Department offers the following safety tips:
- Be sure that someone knows where you are headed, and when you plan to return.
- Carry emergency survival gear, a flashlight, map and compass, matches and water.
- Stop periodically to eat and re-hydrate yourself.
- Wear two pieces of hunter orange that are in good condition.
- Be sure of your target, and what is beyond it.
- Always keep the muzzle of your firearm pointed in a safe direction.
- Unload your firearm before entering a dwelling, before entering a vehicle, or before
- storing it.