Town's Snow Sculpture Contest begins work at Little Wassookeag Area
Saturday, February 16
- Wassookeag Snowmobile Clubhouse Open 7 am -3 pm -- The Clubhouse has a new look inside!, Great home cooked breakfast, lunch and dessert menu!
- Kids Sliding Party w/ Radar at DRHS Hill 10 am - Noon
- Roller Skating at the Town Hall 2 -4 pm
- Dexter's Ice Skating Rink Open and Lit until 8 pm
- Silent Auction at Moosehead Trail Motor Lodge 6 pm
- Festival Adult Dance & 50/50 Raffle at Moosehead Trail Motor Lodge 8:30 pm-12:30 am
Sunday, February 17
- Wassookeag Snowmobile Clubhouse Open 7 am-3 pm -- Great home cooked breakfast, lunch and dessert menu!
- Antique Snowmobile Ride In Gathering at 8 am at Little Lake Wassookeag
- Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides at WSC Number Ten Road from noon-3 pm by donation.
- Town's Snow Sculpture Judging at 10am
- Snowmobile & Antique Sled Parade along RR Bed thru Town 11 am
CHILLI COOK-OFF: The Maine Highlands Federal Credit Union will host a chili cook-off at the MHFCU from 11 am -2 pm. To benefit Ending Hunger in Maine. Judged by the public. Contestants must enter crock pots by 10:45 am and provide a list of ingredients. Make a $2.00 donation to MC's Campaign for Ending Hunger and taste ALL entries to vote for your favorite! Cash prizes $50 to1st $25 to 2nd and $15 to 3rd place winners!
HWMSF DINNER: The Wassookeag Snowmobile Club will host a ham dinner at the clubhouse on the Number Ten Road from 5-7 pm, by donation, to benefit the Hal Wilkins Memorial Scholarship Fund. Cash awards are given to two DRHS Seniors each year.
KIDS SLIDING PARTY: The WSC will host a children's sliding party on the slope near the Dexter Regional High School's football field. A competition using your own plastic sleds, saucers, tubes, cardboard, etc. in a seated position will be detected by radar for speed. There is no entry fee. Small prize to the winning participants.
SNOW SCULPTURES: The Dexter Regional High School Class Competition will be judged on Friday am on 2/15. Cash Prizes will be given to each of the four classes around noon.
There are two categories for the town's open competition themed “Life In The Wild” at the Lake Wassookeag Beach Area off Route 23.
Cash award and trophy to first place and a $50 cash award to Best In Show! Registration is required by February 12th to compete.
Forms can be picked up at the Dexter Town Office or on the website: by clicking here . There is no entry fee.
Rules can be downloaded here.
Work can begin on February 15th to be judged on Sunday February 17th at 10 am sharp!
Presentation of awards given at the WSC on the Number Ten Road around noon.
SILENT AUCTION: The Wassookeag Snowmobile Club will hold a Silent Auction hosted by Moosehead Trail Motor Lodge starting at 6 pm. Many local business and the Maine Military Supply donations will be sold. The club will also have a 50/50 Raffle during the auction and dance.
DANCE: Moosehead Trail Motor Lodge will host an adult dance. There is a cover charge at the door and the band DESPERADO will be performing. (Must be 21 years of age to enter.)
ANTIQUE SLED RIDE: The Wassookeag Snowmobile Club will host an Antique Snowmobile Ride In. Meet at Little Lake Wassookeag parking lot at 8 am. Ride will begin at 9 am. The route will go around the Big Lake to McFarland Street where they will join the Snowmobile Parade departing at 11 am. The ride will continue to the Wassookeag Snowmobile Clubhouse where awards for the parade will be given. Public is welcome to participate or be a spectator.
SNOWMOBILE & ANTIQUE SLED PARADE: Parade participants (open to the public) will gather at McFarland Street (near the Dexter Shoe buildings) beginning at 10 am. The parade will begin promptly at 11am down the RR Bed stopping briefly near the back of the Dexter Fire Station to be judged. Presentations of the awards will immediately follow the parade at the Wassookeag Snowmobile Clubhouse on the Number Ten Road. Registration is required.
Forms can be picked up at the Town Office or on the website by downloading here...
There is no entry fee. Prizes will be awarded to:
1) Best Business/ Organization
2) Best Individual/Family.
Prizes also awarded to:
1) Best Antique Snowmobile
2) Youngest Snowmobile Operator/Participant ( Theme is “Life In The Wild”)